2021 X Art Journey

I started a lot of shit in 2021, from handmade A3-A7 books and even smaller miniature books/art to jewellery making to glass jar decorating/sensory bottle making to painting clothing and hand stitching art...I went a bit mad with ideas of side projects, started more stuff than I could complete at the time. 

I also made some cardboard/recycled material pre-painted/pre-drawn collage ephemera bits to use as an addition to the painted textured background, make it more 3D, this later developed into a time travelling element within my work. 

I used fluid art and glitter glue to create some backgrounds which turned out ace! 

I didn't do much experimenting like I did in previous years, I focused on fluid art and trying out various types of upcycling. I used paint pens and other pens (normal, marker and gel pens). I did experiment with tape however, I did a few books that are funky with the tape addition. I produced so much it's patchy is my memory a lot of the pieces i barely remember creating like they're a surprise to look at I've no idea how I created it so it's hard to talk about 2021 chronologically and clearly but i'm trying lol. 

I also tried shrooms' but i'll do another post on that as the artwork produced is insane, I learnt how to draw trippy creatures. 

My work was very spiritually oriented in 2021 with some images transcending the events that were taking place because I was producing that fast, it still happens sometimes like I drew something 2 years ago and I finally understand what situation that took place that it was representing. 

And 2021 was also the year I stopped posting on Instagram and TikTok, I was using TikTok as venting place with tunes but I failed to realise just how triggering and harmful that was till it was pointed out to me. Things got messy and misinterpreted and like I said in a previous post, a new approach was necessary. Among many many many other reasons I decided to delete cosmiccreativebits from social media. I had a long lasting psychotic episode, a major ego death and a 4 month break where I almost left my dreams...I stopped art completely, stopped listening to music, became a shell of a person. I forgot everything I knew with previous approaches, after another few months I decided to create some abstract art, no stars, no cosmic theme or drawing just painting and for the first time I wrote my own words which was scary and felt vulnerable compared to using lyrics or quotes. I decided to start an end of an era book with the pre-made bits to commemorate the end of what was, my way of healing but I didn't finish it till 2022. I began colouring and painting in colouring books and continued producing art differently to how i'd done it with cosmiccreativebits. It was a weird and confusing time and the art journey represented that transition period. I began learning the fundamentals of art in 2022 which in hindsight makes sense why I had to stop everything I knew and go back to basics, see my art was basically elaborate stick men drawings and now i'm transitioning, learning and expanding my skills for better quality art. 

Till next time,

Stevie x


Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday