Learning To Relax

Learning to relax should be easy right but it's actually not, when you're used to always being productive it can feel foreign to spend time doing 'nothing' but it's an important skill to learn because burnout is a thing and it's not helpful constantly being in a cycle of doing too much and then burnout hits forcing you to stop when you really didn't have time for that.

I've spoken in depth on how to avoid the burnout cycle which you can read here but this post isn't about that it's more about learning how to relax before the cycle starts. 

A method I've recently been trying is reading, but for most of my life I've only read non fiction because I feel like it's a waste of my time to read fiction, so my little goal this month was to read a fiction book which I am but it really does feel odd compared to what i'd usually be doing. Reading is an important thing it helps give you the words that might not be there so often and keeps your brain active whilst also relaxing the brain so it's a perfect activity to do on an evening. Reading fiction can create new neural pathways for imagination which is perfect for improving your creativity. 

If you don't create art all the time like I do it might be nice to start colouring in a colouring book on an evening, art puts you in a meditative state which helps you relax so it might be a good option, choose colours you're initially drawn to as this is representing your emotions. 

I don't have all the answers that's why this post is called learning to relax, i'm not one to just sit and binge watch TV shows or films, I've done that too much in life but occasionally it's nice to sit and do nothing watching something. I kinda prefer YouTube but again that's because i'm usually learning something but there are an array of different things on there like the spin off of 'The Big Lez Show' called 'Sassy the Sasquatch' that shit was deep AF so beautifully made especially to say it's made on ms paint which is a madness how long that must've took for such an epic production, the music is all made by the writer of the show too...highly recommend if you've not seen it! 

SO I guess this post is a reminder to learn to relax rather than an in depth how to relax because i'm still learning myself so would be a hypocrite to say this is how you do it when I've not mastered it myself but I hope this post helps in some way. 

How do you relax?

Till next time, 

Stevie x 


Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday