Productivity X Mental Health Monday



SO a recent reminder from the Pintrest widget I have on my phone said 'It's okay if productivity looks a little different in this season' and it's inspired me to talk on the subject.

Productivity in baby steps can help you get back to normal, infact i'll go as far as saying it can give you purpose to want to wake up but over doing it i.e setting yourself a mammoth task list and attempting to do it all in a day, everyday, can lead to extreme burnout, if you don't know what burnout is you can read about it here. 

Productivity can look different for everyone but one thing I've learnt is you have to take a break you can't always be all systems go it's not healthy for your body or your mental health. 

Self-Care is productive it's how you take your power back, relaxing is also productive just not in the way you might be used to so it's okay if in this season you're learning how to be productive in a new way; Hustle culture is dangerous and I've fallen for that trap before but just because you're spending your time slightly differently to what you may have previously done doesn't mean you're not being productive. For example I've there are weeks where I do barely any art which for me used to scream un-productivity because I can spend 8 hours a day minimum doing art, but it's crucial to relax so you can be more productive than if you steam ahead constantly. "Less mindless hustle, more mindful magic".  

I've done some funky makeup looks which to me is relaxing and self-care, but it can look different for different people like some may find watching TV relaxing but I don't really enjoy watching more than a few episodes or 1 film so choose to spend my relaxing time in other ways generally with music and another activity like putting false nails on or moisturising cream; we often forget to take care of our skin when mental health is bad but it's important you make time even a few minutes from your day to do something that'll benefit you in a relaxing way.  

"Destroy the idea that you have to be constantly working or grinding in order to be successful. Embrace the concept that rest, recovery and reflection are essential parts of the progress towards a successful and ultimately happy life" 

What does productivity look like for you? 

 

Till next time,

Stevie x 

Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday