Zero Waste Paint Method


The picture above doesn't include bought tiny paints, nope it's a zero waste paint method for when you can't seem to squeeze the paint outta the tube,  DON'T throw it away!!! There's still SO much paint left inside to use...

I call this method the 'Zero Waste Paint' because you can really get your monies worth and use every last bit of the paint before getting rid of the packaging; I have tried to cut up the tube packaging and use as a recycled material in my junk journals cos the paint streak patterns on the inside are beautiful but PVA glue didn't stick it very well,  you'd need something stronger and I'm not too sure what would work maybe a spray adhesive or staples anyways I haven't tried either of those ways of attaching the packaging - kinda gave up on the idea of using em for now but they probably can be used. 


What you'll need: A paint that's running out and some scissors

Step 1: Open the lid a little, this will let air out when you cut it so it doesn't explode!
                Step 2: Cut the paint tube in half 
The paint tube should look something like this, paint left inside that's still perfectly fine to use.  
Step 3: Once you've cut it in half I suggest you use the top half product inside to paint something with, i say this because you will need to put the two pieces together slotting one half inside the other and it can get really messy if there's paint on the part where it aligns.  
Your paint tube should look something like this, it can be smaller but I had a lot of paint still left in this one that I couldn't get out to use before. 

You can do this zero waste paint method on most paint tube packaging, it's really simple to do plus they look kinda cute too so why wouldn't you wanna try this method? 

You can start to become more eco friendly in your practices TODAY by doing this method so you can feel good about not being wasteful and contribute to art making that doesn't cost the earth. 

I taught myself this method out of frustration from not being able to use the last bit of paint (that I could clearly see was available) and not being able to afford anymore for a while at the time but I do this method to all of my paints that I can now and have been for years. I don't know if anyone else does this method but you deffo should. 

What are some ways you practice eco friendly art making? 


Till next time,
Stevie x 

Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday