10 Aquamakers (Green set) X Review


 I went to B&M for some glue and saw these set of 10 Aquamarkers for £6 and was super excited to buy them and try them out. They're double ended water based markers that from the name and writing on the packaging suggests that you might be able to use with water for creating a watercolour effect which is a really cool concept. 

In the pack there are 8 green shades, an orange and a yellow. 

With the markers you get a storage tray that you can place horizontally and in theory stack other sets they offer on top of it. Personally I won't be using the tray as I've got a pencil case full of felt tip markers that are stored horizontally...BUT I like the idea of being able to display the art supply. 

Upon doing a swatch test I was really impressed with the quality how they just glided on the paper and didn't bobble up or anything. It wasn't streaky it was vibrant and fun to use. I like the brush tip more than the fine tip because the ink flows nicer. 


After I did the swatches, I decided it was time to try the Aquamarkers with water, below was the results. 
As you can see not much happened I thought maybe the Aquamarker needed to be placed on the paper then immediately add water with a paint brush so I tried again. 
This time it worked a little better but the paper bobbled up because I went over the same area a few times. It's a very faint watercolour effect, I expected it to be more vibrant to say they're markers but then again watercolour isn't very vibrant if you want a vibrant watercolour effect go for gouache. 

Overall i'm not mad about the product, I actually quite like them but my reason for buying them was because I thought they could be watercolour in pen format which they're not, technically they're just water based coloured markers which is cool in it's own right I've not seen any before. I thought I'd imagined the concept of using water with the Aquamarkers, but it actually says on the packaging you can add water for a water colour effect so I am disappointed that the selling point was fairly inaccurate; I've had more happen with a regular felt tip and water. However I really like the colour range they're super vibrant and the actual quality of the markers I'd say are of artist quality. 

I didn't try layering the colours as I don't usually do that so I'm not sure what the blend-ability is like or should be like but as far as bleed through on the paper it was minimal. 

Would I buy this product again? I'd maybe buy their other sets because it'd be nice to have a good quality colour range like this as part of my collection of art supplies. I'm not in a rush to buy another set however. 


Have you tried Aquamarkers before? If so, what were your thoughts? 



Till next time,

Stevie x 

Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday