Craft Planet 6 Neon Paint Sticks X Review

 

Introducing Craft Planet's 6 Neon Paint Sticks!

I'm not new to craft planet's products, they're a brand i've been loving for some time; the aesthetics scream my kinda vibe and the products themselves are really good quality so I'm super excited about this one... It's paint in a stick format but not liquid paint which intrigues me. It's more like a jelly consistency which i've not tried in a stick *i've only tried jelly gouache* but I think the paint stick idea is a great concept.  


I think the packaging is cute; it's simple it has the brand name, some stars, texture for grip and a clear lid which is giving off spacey vibes.


 I bought these from a local discount store, I can't remember how much I paid but they are available online for £6+ depending where you get them from. They make the standard coloured paint sticks too, a pack of 12 but I didn't pick them up as I wanted to see if the neon ones were any good. 

I didn't do a swatch but instead I played around with them and created this:

The paint sticks are super easy to use, they just glide on the paper and the best bit there is no drying time! The Craft Planet 6 Neon Paint Sticks are really vibrant to say they're made from a jelly like consistency and can easily be layered on top of each other to blend, create a new colour or shading. It reminds me of a stained glass window effect the way it sits on the paper it's smooth but you can see the texture of the paper underneath which I kinda like. It gives off a crayon or pastel effect that's a bit see through at the same time as being vibrant. These were everything I was hoping them to be and more! 

I really wish I had picked up the normal colour set too but I didn't know I was gonna like them this much. 

I'm not sure how i'll use them within my work, the "nib" is really fat so it's hard to get into small areas if I was filling in a picture with them but great for large areas. I do however feel i'll be using them to create abstract pieces for my art journals or maybe i'll try creating a few painted papers with them and then could turn them into drawings or reverse art. 

Overall i'm really glad I discovered these and will most likely be buying the other set and a replacement for these when I run out. I don't think they'll last me that long especially if I fill large areas in with them as doing the picture above used a fair bit of the orange. I think these would be great for anyone to let loose, I find them really fun to use!


Have you ever tried any Craft Planet Products? If so, what were your thoughts?


Till next time,

Stevie x 

Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday