YouTube X My Story

 She's finally gone and done it...I've started a YouTube channel!!! After nearly 10 years of wanting to but not having the confidence to do so; mental health and life malarkey stopped me from attempting what I really wanted to do, I didn't think it was possible for someone like me to achieve for various reasons. Instead I focused on blogging which went well, it took me years to figure out a writing style and the topics i'd chosen were what everyone else was doing at the time (fashion and lifestyle posts) when I had no real clue about either back then, I just wanted to be involved in blogging and I thought that was the only way to do it. I didn't really know myself at that time period, I had no hobbies other than blogging and eventually as I got into my 20s I started to know myself, my interests, explored them and found my passion; Art Therapy. I started to focus on creating content on other platforms which taught me a lot, I shared my journey and it expanded into creating video content (where I wasn't speaking but was shaking because anxiety) and I was using music to vent in the videos *a bad idea stuff can be misinterpreted making a shoe fit that was never intended to*...

Anyyyways we've worked our way up to doing YouTube - slowly building the skills required in baby steps (unknowingly) and getting the help required for my mental health in more recent years. 

Starting a YouTube channel was a spur of the moment thing, i'd bought a tripod a few months ago to do photo-shoots for this blog but after binge watching some YouTube videos it reminded me I had one and inspired me to play around with testing my set up. This playing around went really well to say I had no plan whatsoever; I had my comfy's on, hair shoved up and no makeup on so I was expecting loads of anxiety whilst filming but for the first time ever when speaking on camera I had no anxiety and as a result it turned into my first uploaded video on YouTube which you can view below. 


I then woke up this morning inspired to create another, continuing where i'd left off yesterday. I'd put more thought into this one as I was intending it to be uploaded so I had somewhat of an idea of what I wanted to include in the video. Again I had no makeup on as I didn't feel the need to for some reason, maybe i'm getting more comfortable in my own skin? I dunno lol but if you'd like to watch my 2nd video you can do so below:

Overall i'm really proud of myself for showing up despite being unprepared without a solid plan or proper set up. I've got some storage issues that I need to work through and I also need to invest in better equipment but for now i'm using what I have. Hopefully this inspires someone else out there that you don't have to have everything figured out to start. 


Till next time,

Stevie x 

Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday