Art Hub 24 Watercolour Dual End Brush Pens X Review

 

  

I was at a discount store out of town that I'd never been in before, they sold all sorts of stuff but I found something that's super exciting!!! Watercolours in felt tip format, oh WOW.  A concept I thought i'd found last year, but they were just water based markers pretending you could create a watercolour effect *so disappointing* thought i'd imagined the concept of watercolour pens being a real thing but anyways I found these Art Hub 24 Watercolour Dual Ended Brush Pens for £6.99 and I was BUZZINNN. This being a real product is something that amazes me. I've used watercolour pencils before and this is a similar concept just in marker pen format instead. Which is cool because I really like to use felt tips, I find them a lot easier to use in comparison to a pencil. 

As some of you may know I started my art journey with normal watercolours and a biro pen, so my love of watercolours has been there since the start in late 2018. 

The watercolour pens have a fine tip (small) on one end and a brush tip (thicker and more flexible) on the other, I did a swatch which you can see below:

The colours are so vibrant, YAY! I was really impressed by the swatches, the quality of this product is amazing 
No bleed through whatsoever!

The colours are a bit hit and miss for matching the packaging, for example in the image above its an orange colour and the packaging is like salmon pink. Whereas in the picture below it's a perfect match to the purple it produces. 
After i'd done the swatches it was time to get some water and a paintbrush and test out the pens to see if they really are magic *aka watercolour* like they say. Drum roll please...

YESSS! They're fricken magical alright they stayed vibrant yet look/behave like some really good watercolours. I had no issues with getting it to be a watercolour, I didn't have to rush with the water, I went over the same area more than twice and it didn't bobble up or completely disappear. The only down side is you can see where you originally placed the marker but there's probably a creative solution for this like using them to create abstract pieces. 

Here are some finished pieces using the watercolour pens:


This product was everything I was hoping it to be and more, I really like the vibrancy of the colours even when diluted - the Art Hub 24 Watercolour Dual Ended Brush Pens are really nice to work with just as like a felt tip; I haven't quite got the hang of how you're supposed to use them with water as like you saw it leaves a boldness still where you first applied the pen on the paper. It's a shame these pens do that but i'm sure there's a creative solution for it. I'm not sure if i'd buy these again as i'm interested to see how other brands behave for the same product...However I am still mega excited that this product is a real concept and am buzzing to own some. 


Have you ever tried any Art Hub products? if so, what were your thoughts?

Till next time,
Stevie x 

Comments

Follow

Popular posts from this blog

Crawford&Black - 36 Colouring Pencils X Review

Habits To Combat Anxiety, Depression and Low Self-Esteem X Mental Health Monday

Live For The Moment X Mental Health Monday